Healthy Recipe: Baked Parsnips & Carrots
As promised in last week’s post, here is a healthy recipe featuring parsnips! This dish is delicious, easy to make, and a great alternative to french fries.
This recipe is courtesy of Brendan Keeley, who works at Satchel’s BBQ.
- 2 parsnips
- 3 large carrots
- 4 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons herbs de provence
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 medium garlic cloves (pressed)
1) Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
2) Wash the carrots and parsnips. Then, peel the parsnips.
3) Cut the carrots and parsnips into strips.
4) Toss the carrots and parsnips into a medium mixing bowl.
5) Pour the 4 teaspoons of olive oil over top the carrots and parsnips, then toss vegetables by hand, evenly coating them with the olive oil.
6) Add the rest of the seasonings, and the garlic, again mixing everything together by hand.
7) Spread the vegetables evenly on a medium baking sheet.
8) Bake at 425 degrees Fahrenheit for approximately 25 minutes.
Let us know whether you like the recipe in the comments below! Also, make sure to let us know if there are any tweaks and/or additions you are going to try.