8 Health Benefits of having Sex
Last week, we talked about why it’s healthy to feel sexy. Today, we are going to talk about some of the benefits to be gleaned from having an active, healthy sex life.
- It’s possible that it makes you look younger. This potential benefit is two-pronged: enjoying sex results in the brain releasing chemicals that make you feel happier, and having sex also increases blood pressure, which results in newer skin cells coming to the surface of your body.
- It might lessen your stress. People who are sexually active tend to handle stressful situations better.
- It can relieve pain. Having an orgasm causes the body to release the hormone oxytocin, which can increase the level of pain you can tolerate.
- It enhances heart health. Men who have sex more often are less likely to suffer a heart attack or stroke.
- You may strengthen your immune system. People who are sexually active possess higher levels of immunoglobulin A.
- It helps you sleep better. Having sex releases endorphins that aid you in sleeping.
- It burns calories. Sex is another way to be active.
- It may result in lighter periods. Having an orgasm causes the uterus to contract, which results in a shorter menstruation period.